Friday, May 1, 2009

Poker: April Review\May Goals

-Hands Played: 35456
-Winnings: 830
-Gold Star status achieved
-laptop bought with profit

Not too bad. I could have won more but I had a rough 15k breakeven period when I was 24 tabling. I cut down to 4-6 tables and results have been much better.

May Goals:

$1200 in winnings
Platinum Star status
build my roll and be ready to shot take 100nl

Managed to make it to NL50, and play has been much nittier. The good news is, this means I can raise with complete garbage and play the hand as a complete bluff from the start. My hand reading ability is getting pretty good. Not getting too carried away with myself yet, as most people play with their cards face up. Either way, slowly but surely building the foundation of good LAG play which should help as I move up.

I'm starting to mix in some 6max as well. So far it makes me look like a nit, and I'm pretty sure I'm one of the looser winning FR regs. Should be fun.

Only real negative to the month was losing 1 1/2 BI @ 200NL in vegas. KK and AA cracked. Blah. Made up for it in homegames, but still discouraging

No comments: